As mentioned above, a “non-immigrant B visa” (often abbreviated as simply a “non b visa”), is required for foreign English teachers or any other foreign national conducting business in the Kingdom.
To get a non-b visa, you need the following documents:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months.
- Multiple passport photos (get as many as possible at once; you’ll need them all at some point).
- Certified criminal background check. Depending on the immigration officer, he or she may ask for a background check. These can be obtained quickly at a local police office – no need to bring expensive FBI checks from home.
- Original diploma and copies.
- Additional Thai-language documents from your employer regarding details about the school.