– Prepare and conduct lesson plans that help each student achieve learning objectives and curriculum goals based around the IPC curriculum and US Common Core Standards.
– Prepare lesson materials and resources.
– Select and use instructional methods and materials appropriate to the students and learning activities.
– Utilize games, music, books, art, technology and other resources to teach basic skills and foster the students’ physical, social, emotional, and cognitive developments.
– Adapt standard teaching methods to meet different student needs and interests.
– Create a positive and appropriate classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
– Develop and implement a suitable classroom management system.
– Establish and effect rules for acceptable behavior.
– Apply and follow up on approved disciplinary interventions.
– Make referrals for assistance where necessary.
– Instruct children on personal hygiene practices and self care.
– Encourage cooperative social behavior through games and activities.
– Observe, evaluate and record children’s social and academic progress.
– Provide constructive feedback to parents, guardians and administration.
– Prepare and distribute written reports.
– Assist the Head Of Kindergarten Primary and Admin in planning and ordering classroom equipment and supplies.
– Ensure equipment and facilities are clean and safe.
– Collaborate with other staff members to promote the general health of the school.
– Perform required administrative duties including attending staff meetings.
– Uphold the school code of conduct and all school policies, rules and procedures in a supportive and positive manner.
– 12 weeks paid holiday per year (3 weeks during Christmas & New Year, 5 weeks during the summer, 1 week in February and 3 weeks in April during Songkran).
– Support and guidance from fellow teachers and staff.
– Opportunity to create and develop lessons based on IPC or Core guidelines with a variety of resources.
– All classes are taught in English only except Thai and Chinese.
– Small class sizes which are fully air-conditioned.
– Classroom computer, printer, WIFI and access to other equipment for educational use.
– Non-B Visa and Work Permit fees are reimbursed by the school (costs for travel and board for leaving the country to apply for the Non-B, and costs for obtaining a medical certificate are the teacher’s responsibility).
– A minimum bachelor’s degree in any field. Preferably a degree in education or relevant licence / certificate.
– Previous teaching experience preferred.
– Understanding and proficiency in relevant technology.
– Knowledge of current educational and instructional methodologies and techniques.
– First Aid and CPR certifications an advantage.
– Creative and enthusiastic about education for young learners.